Caring for your Rise Jewels pieces will help ensure its durability. Here are some helpful tips from us on how to care for and maintain it:
- To ensure the plating lasts longer, avoid leaving the jewellery in contact with water, humidity, chemicals, perfumes and lotions;
- Avoid wearing it while showering, in the sauna, washing your hands, swimming or working out;
- Wipe your jewellery with a clean, dry and soft cloth to wipe out the skin oils, make-up, water or dust;
- Store your jewellery in a moisture-free environment away from direct sunlight and heat (the bathroom is not a good place to keep your pieces due to high humidity levels).
We advise you to clean your Rise Jewels pieces only with warm water (never hot!) and a little of dishwashing liquid or neutral liquid soap.
- Dilute the washing liquid in the water (just enough to make it slightly bubbly);
- Leave your jewellery there for 5 min;
- Rinse the bubbly water away (be sure to use a strainer not to let your jewellery go down the drain!);
- If the jewellery is very dirty, you can use a very soft brand new toothbrush (the cheap ones from the supermarket work wonders) to gently scrub the dirt away.
Note: gold plated jewellery requires a little more care than rhodium. Using the toothbrush very intensively may cause the gold plating to fade, therefore, it is important to do this process very carefully to avoid the gold plating from wearing off sooner.
No plating lasts forever, so it’s important to care for your pieces to make them more durable. The time that will take for the plating to start fading will depend on multiple variables such as chemical products, level of perspiration or even your natural skin PH. Gold plated pieces are, by default, more fragile and liable to lose their colour over time. For this reason, it is particularly important to take special care of your gold plated jewellery.